Tangram Furnishers Ltd – Privacy Notice in compliance with GDPR
This document provides you with information about how we are handling, or are intending to handle, your personal information:
Tangram Furnishers Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the principles of applicable data protection laws. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. The data controller of the personal data referred to in this policy is Tangram Furnishers Ltd, 33/37 Jeffrey Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1DH.
Collection of personal data
Tangram Furnishers may collect or otherwise obtain and process the following data about you:
- Information about you that you provide by filling in forms while signing up to receive our newsletter
- Information you provided when placing an order (excluding credit card details which are destroyed immediately after use)
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website chat function, subscribing to our communications or requesting further services.
- Information from your social media accounts but only where you have given us permission to use it. For example, posts, pictures and video footage you share on sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem or make a complaint and, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information about emails and other communications we have sent to you and your interaction with them.
- Information from third parties where you consent to those other organisations sharing information they hold on you with us, and where those other organisations lawfully share your information with us.
Uses made of your information and the basis of processing
Tangram will use your personal information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Tangram;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from Tangram or which we feel may interest you, where we are legally entitled to do so;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- To gather statistics about people interested in our offering
- To segment your personal data to make sure that you only receive information that is relevant to you.
The legal basis on which we collect and process the personal data described above depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will only use your personal information where we:
- Have your consent to do so;
- Need the personal data to perform a contract with you;
- Need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests and only where our legitimate interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you; or
- Need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Tangram will take all steps reasonably necessary including policies, procedures and security features to ensure that your data is treated securely and protected from unauthorised and unlawful access and/or use, and in accordance with this notice. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will do our best to protect your personal data transmitted to us via the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website from your device. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Tangram will always provide payment options for an order. We offer the option to pay over the phone using details provided or by BACS transfer. Details that are provided over the phone are destroyed immediately after use and are not stored.
Data retention period
We will hold information about you in our data systems only for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collected it, which is as follows:
- As long as you continue to visit our website or use our services (including engaging with emails) we will retain and process information about you. In such cases, you will be considered to be an ‘active’ customer. If you have not been ‘active’ as a customer for a period of three years, Tangram will anonymise any personal data relating to you.
- We are obligated to retain customer accounts information for 7 years as an HMRC requirement
- Personal data linked to the processing of insurance claims, subject access requests, disputes, safeguarding investigations, disciplinary or police matters will only be kept for as long as it necessary for those purposes, as each is applicable.
The data subject’s rights
Data protection laws grant you, as a Data Subject, certain ‘information rights’, which are summarised below:
- Right of access– You have the right to obtain a copy of information we hold about you
- Right of rectification or erasure– If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Please note that we may be entitled to retain your personal data despite your request, for example if we are under a separate legal obligation to retain it. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared their data about your request for erasure.
- Right to restriction of processing– You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we do not need to hold your data any longer but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal data.
- Right to Object– You have a right to object to our processing your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
- Right to Withdraw Consent– You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent.
- Right of Complaint– You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at ico.org.uk.
- Right to Opt-out of Marketing Communications– You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail communication.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal data or exercise any of the rights described above please contact: email@example.com